TEXTILE AND SERIGRAPHY
Transform colours, structures, motifs and other details into new pieces.
SOME OF THE POSSIBILITIES:
- Work with precious metals (copper, silver and gold). Design your own rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings and other accessories.
- Mount or assemble smaller parts made in Godsbanen’s other workshops.
- Cast your own models in silver, bronze or copper (If you have a small (max 2,5 cm) heirloom, a button or a figure you like, you can make a replica using sand casting and for example make it into a piece of jewellery).
- Price: 1-hour introduction to sand casting – 175 kr. including 1 cast + a day ticket and materials
- Transfer photos, drawings and text to all two-dimensional surfaces such as textile, paper, wood, plexiglass and ceramics (in collaboration with Ceramics workshop).
- Printing press (relief printing and photogravure).
- Carve and cut into zinc, linoleum, plexiglass (or in copper, iron or aluminium if you bring it yourself).
- Colour most fabrics, including silk and wool.
- Dip dye and use shibori technique, the Japanese version of wrap batik, where you wrap, fold and press fabric to create different patterns during the dyeing process.
- Make different small things in leather e.g. key rings, covers, charms and belts.
- Hand sewing leather.
- Dye leather in many colours.
- Attach snaps, eyelets, lace rings and rivets as well as make fabric-covered buttons.
- Sew thin and thick fabric and soft leather. Sewing machines can be rented for 8 kr. for each started quarter of an hour.
- Overlock sewing is done by the staff. It costs 15 kr. for each started quarter of an hour.
+45 4185 6585
• Day ticket: 30 kr
• Monthly card: 100 kr
• Free entry for children and young under 18 years in the company of paying adults.