[ˈɔːbnə seːnə]: open stage
WHAT IS ÅBNE SCENE?
- Åbne Scene is an open call-based residency program for professional performing arts that supports and nurtures artistic work, and provides space for experiments and works in process.
- Åbne Scene offers good facilities for performing arts in a technically well-equipped black box (16 m x 15 m, ceiling height: 7 m), where there is time and freedom to develop, exchange and investigate. A technical staff, who can help and give advice in the process, is affiliated to the venue.
- Åbne Scene seeks new, surprising formats for knowledge sharing of the artistic process – both in terms of processual impacts and the effect of the experiments. In addition to the classic formats such as showcases and artist talks, this could also be workshops, networking events, seminars, artist sessions, video documentation, podcasts, academic articles, mentorship for other artists or something completely different.
- Åbne Scene offers versatile residency opportunities – for both artistic exchange and dialogue, as well as production and workshop facilities and accommodation in guest rooms.
Åbne Scene provides opportunities for collaborations, interaction and networking in the vibrant, creative power center Godsbanen.
ÅBNE SCENE PRIORITISES PROJECTS …
- That are in in exploratory, developing or testing phases and aim towards creating material, artistic exchanges, new experiences, skills or knowledge within their artistic fields, and need a black box for that purpose.
- That shows great commitment to share the generated material with the public.
- That relate to Godsbanen and its many opportunities and actively reach out and interact with the local artistic and creative communities.
- You can apply and become part of Åbne Scene’s programme on an annual open call with a deadline on May 1st (for residencies in the following calendar year).
- You can apply for access to Åbne Scene’s black box theatre space, guest room accommodation, supplementary production facilities and technical assistance or advice. You cannot apply for financial support.
- The projects are selected by performing arts professionals employed at Godsbanen in consultation with an advisory panel of external performing artists.
+45 2633 0901
8000 Aarhus C