OPEN CALL (ENGLISH) // ÅBNE SCENE 2021
Invitation to performing arts projects //
Apply and become part of Åbne Scene’s program in 2021.
ATTENTION! Application deadline for Åbne Scene’s Open Call is postponed to May 1, 2020 // We know that many in the performing arts field are under intense preassure in these unusual and difficult times. For that reason we have decided to extend our Open Call to Åbne Scene’s 2021 program;
NEW APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MAY 1, 2020 AT 11.59 PM.
- Åbne Scene is a performing arts venue that supports and nurtures professional, artistic skills, and provides space for experiments and works in progress.
- Åbne Scene offers good facilities for performing arts in a technically well-equipped black box theatre (16 m x 15 m, ceiling height: 7 m), where there is time and freedom to develop, exchange and investigate. A technical staff, who can help and give advice in the process, is affiliated to the venue.
- Åbne Scene offers versatile residency opportunities – for both artistic exchange and dialogue, as well as production and workshop facilities and accommodation in guest rooms.
Åbne Scene provides opportunities for collaborations, interaction and networking in the vibrant, creative power center Godsbanen.
ÅBNE SCENE PRIORITISES PROJECTS …
- That are in in exploratory, developing or testing phases and aim towards creating material, artistic exchanges, new experiences, skills or knowledge within their artistic fields, and need a black box for that purpose.
- That shows great commitment to share the generated material with the public. Åbne Scene seeks new, surprising formats for knowledge sharing of the artistic process. In addition to the classical performing arts formats such as showings and presentation of performances, it could be workshops, seminars, artistic networking, video documentation, podcasts, articles, mentorship for other artists or something completely different.
- That relate to Godsbanen and its many opportunities and actively reach out and interact with the local artistic and creative communities.
+45 4185 6680
8000 Aarhus C
Who can apply?
Individuals and groups fra the professional performing arts field and interdisciplinary arts projects in need of a period in a black box.
How do I apply?
If you have a danish NemID you can apply via AnsøgningsPortalen (form will be in Danish). If you have questions about the form or you do not have af danish NemID, call Charlotte Aaby, and she will inform and guide you and your application.
What can I apply for?
You can apply for access to Åbne Scene’s black box theatre space for shorter or longer periods of time during 2021 (Januay-June + August-December), accommodation (in one or more of Godsbanens 10 guest rooms for artists; “Kupeerne”), supplementary production facilities (fx studios) and technical assistance or advice from Åbne Scenes technical staff (hours). You cannot apply for financial support.
Who curates the program?
The Åbne Scene program is curated based on the annual open call by coordinator and curator team Charlotte Aaby and Trine Sørensen in consultation with an advisory panel of external performing arts professionals, which in this open call are stage director Hanne Trap Friis and composer Line Tjørnhøj along with Performing Arts Platform (Charlotte Mors and Jens Christian Jensen).
When do I get response?
We aim to send our response to your application in mid-May 2020 (given that the circumstances around the COVID-19 pandemic allows the programming process to proceed as planned).